Tao Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a new 'gwai" member

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

a  new 'gwai" member  - Page 2 Empty Re: a new 'gwai" member

Post by Mak Jo Si Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Die Hard Trojan Von Nut wrote:again with them "shoulds" huh?   LOL

Well i am a gamer myself, but first and foremost a storyteller (which is where my attraction TO games stems in the first place) but i dont consider it a "guy" thing, at all.

For the record, im a girl trapped in a guy's body if that matters any  Laughing
HAHAHAHAHA! You play PS3 right? You play final fantasy? My fiance is on the beta just now, it's open again! Pretty nice graphics there! Talking about fallout, I heard that news where fallout's production house was suing a fans of their game who posted the game's graphic or posture on a website for people to download or something. Crazy man, suing people is so damn mainstream these days, for rich people... !
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

http://www.chiinnature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 pm

ah no playstation for me... i was born and raised on Nintendo though Laughing

Now days though, it's mostly PC games for me... I need a job making nintendo games. that'll be the day lol
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Die Hard Trojan Von Nut wrote:ah no playstation for me...   i was born and raised on Nintendo though  Laughing

Now days though, it's mostly PC games for me...    I need a job making nintendo games.  that'll be the day  lol
hahaha! Nintendo is good, I got Wii and NDS here too, but seldom play those now since the PS3 got better graphics. From time to time, my fiancee(Lau Jo Si) will force me to weight myself on the WiiFit board and tell me how much I gained over the past, LOL! That's the only thing why I hate that shit! Embarassed 
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 pm

rofl... i would love to get a wii, and wii fit... Very Happy

Graphics dont seel the games for me... it's all about gameplay value... i enjoy a link to the past more than i do final fantasy 7. why? because Link is simple to control, very straight forward, no gimmicks, and still fills his games full of replay value.

I still prefer Smash Bros (N64) over Soul Caliber II (PS2 / GCN) simply because it has more gameplay value.

Graphics are pretty. sure. i know that. cant deny it. but they are USELESS!

You dont play graphics, you play GAMES!

So when it comes to PS vs Nintendo, sony is the mentally deficient politician, whereas Nintendo is the Jade Emperor.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Die Hard Trojan Von Nut wrote:You dont play graphics, you play GAMES!
What about a game without graphics then? I mean... black screen game, how's that? It's still a game, the screen blink and blink and you just try to "play" yourself while it blinks, how's that?

Graphics is like how you display your food on a dish, and if it is done right, it enhance the food when you taste it. That is why we Chinese say "Color, Smell, Taste" must be all together in order for that dish of food to be call a good dish. If you have a burger that is filled with blue color steak and smells like shit, even the steak is nice quality, will you eat it?

I once saw a documentary video with a lab test of 2 person trying to live in a dark room with only one color lighting. One is blue and one is red. Both got a steak to eat and the steak smells very nice, hot and fresh. Both of them start to eat and the red room guy say it taste better, the blue one say it taste okay. While the red one is so happy, they turn on all the lights and off the red light, all of a sudden the guy vomit everything when he saw the steak is all BLUE in color! (food coloring), but ya, you see? Graphics does matter.
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:02 pm

You've never played D&D have you? The only graphics are either imagined or drawn by hand... lol

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games cannot be beat by technology: No matter how powerful a computer gets, it will never be a match for human imagination.

Ever heard of MUDs? I've never played them, but the graphics are bare minimum.
Health bars are probably not even bars, but number ratios.

My point about graphics not mattering is moreover a personal thing... YOUR example is a psychological thing... one which ample personal cultivation can overcome...

Graphics TOTALLY alter the atmosphere of a game... but i dont care about atmosphere nearly as much as experience; gameplay.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Die Hard Trojan Von Nut wrote:You've never played D&D have you? ....Graphics TOTALLY alter the atmosphere of a game...  but i dont care about atmosphere nearly as much as experience; gameplay.
Damn you got it right, I never played D&D, but I know what it is, and I saw my student playing it with his kids before, and ya I read up on it too! Btw, that guy is Yoda here (Tin Yang), he is a big D&D fan! My other student here "Tin Yat Taoist" is a big board game nerd and he play those games with his friends all the time. You should talk to them about these things! Seriously, I cannot even say I am a novice in these things, hahaha!

But hey, we were talking about "video games" up there though. Kinda off topic eh?

You know, artist drew those cards for the board games too eh? Oh ya, it does matter, at least a bit, or else why they need artist to draw the cards and graphics? You are right though, some people don't give a shit about it, and that is really personal stuff. So you are not wrong or anything, just that I do lack the experience in these things! Too bad, I was a bad kid, mahjong is what I did during my school days and I am completed fucked up back then, I know... but... well.. I don't play with money though. hahaha.
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Where did video games come from in the first place? Laughing My favorite videogames are RPGs after all Laughing Its not off topic so much as it is a tangent...

Pong is STILL a wildly successful game, with or without enhanced graphics Laughing

But speaking strictly videogames wise, graphics do have an important role to play: Interactivity. You need to know what you are interacting with, distinguish a red powerup from a blue one...

But to go so far as to dedicate a huge chunk of memory just to make pretty graphics... i dont care for that.

It's called showing off...

Doom II, with its 2-D sprites in a 3-D world, is still by far a better gameplay experience than Farcry 2, with its shiny graphics, fire propagation, expansive map, and realism content... well, okay the map actually counts for gameplay, but that is the Link between game and graphic.... is the map size.

So huge graphic capabilities are DEFINITELY nice to have seamless and expansive worlds... but when gameplay is sacrificed so that graphic beauty can be achieved, it stops being a game in my opinion and starts becoming a movie.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:22 am

Um.. well you are right, that is "in your opinion" and I respect that, just like some people like plain water, some like whisky, etc. You got your view, but um.. I don't feel the same way though. Doom2 have a good memory in my brain, but FarCry2 or 3 is damn good compare to Doom2 from my own experience of WATCHING my fiancee play the whole game of FarCry 2 and 3. Totally, Doom2 is nowhere near it IMO. But then ya, we can go on and on with this kinda thing --- in a gaming forum, LOL!

What the hell are we doing here eh? damn! So off-topic!Basketball 
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:49 am

yeah.... i should have caught that sooner Razz thanks haha

And i hope our "new gwai member" can forgive the terrible tangent! Laughing
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by azrael-99 Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:00 am

You wre talking about video games and FPS games so........no worry my friends ^_^
azrael-99
azrael-99

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Laughing

We ought to set up an arcade in this forum or something Laughing

*i dont know the first thing about adding flash games to a site*
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Die Hard Trojan Von Nut wrote:Laughing

We ought to set up an arcade in this forum or something Laughing

*i dont know the first thing about adding flash games to a site*
Shit.. now the forum will be more addictive eh?
I want bomberman, please take into consideration...
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum