Tao Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explaining Tin Yat Lineage Experience with Traditional Chinese Medicine

+3
hris Arnold
Tin Shun
Mak Jo Si
7 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Explaining Tin Yat Lineage Experience with Traditional Chinese Medicine - Page 2 Empty Re: Explaining Tin Yat Lineage Experience with Traditional Chinese Medicine

Post by Mak Jo Si Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 am

Oh yes, that is one point that Taoverse Deity always tell me too - the western medicine always use animals to test their stuff and not human being, that is one big problem, because human beings are not rats or dogs or cats. Its different. I haven't thought of why they haven't find out or realized meridian system, and your reason is very "make sense"!

Yes the coffee does do the magical work for getting rid of that headache, permanently, and the good coffee does not give you side-effects such as addiction, over-hyper, feeling awake, cannot sleep, etc.. I felt it is just like normal drink, with no side effects but just purely cure the headache, and that's the good thing about it. I fear the addiction with those side effects because I was once addicted to coffee by drinking BAD coffee from Second Cup. Their coffee is famous and I never know they are "bad" before, but seems like it is really bad after I learn what good and proper coffee is about.

The bad coffee gives you side effect, such as feeling over hyper, floaty feeling, or your hands can tremble and body feel shaky at a certain time which is the alarm clock for your daily dosage to be taken.. very very scary. I never want that anymore! Luckily my coffee now won't have this kind of side effect! It is also cheaper to drink at home too, plus you get it grind and pressed FRESH, which I think is another big plus. Like soybeans, if you grind it fresh, the nutrition stays there for you to consume. If you grind them and store them up, it will not be as nice as the fresh ones. Am I right?

I heard from Tin Chuen, who worked at coffee shop before, and he say that the milk (according to science) that we steam with the espresso machine is also a big factor. I forgot the exact science stuff, but he say that milk steamed to a certain degree (temperature) will break down some stuff that human cannot digest in the normal milk.. and the foam of the espresso also helps to make it even more easy to digest, and so now you can finally intake the full nutritious value of the milk and digest it all. That is also the good part of knowing how to steam milk properly with the espresso machine.

Wow, thinking about this, Taoverse Deity is pretty wild eh? We never know about coffee before but we just follow his teachings, and fixed the problems. Now you the doctor and Tin Chuen the coffee master came along and tell us the facts, which confirmed everything for us.. cool experience!
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

http://www.chiinnature.com

Back to top Go down

Explaining Tin Yat Lineage Experience with Traditional Chinese Medicine - Page 2 Empty Re: Explaining Tin Yat Lineage Experience with Traditional Chinese Medicine

Post by Tin Shun Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Fresh! Yes, it is a natural law indeed. It goes with our Qi theory.

Qi can be understood as energy we usually talk about. Qi has a natural tendency of yang energy goes together with yang energy, and yin energy goes together with yin energy. See how our world manifests! Butterfly goes with beautiful flowers and fly goes together with poop. Good people goes with good ones and bad guys goes with bad ones. Like attracts like.

We are living being, not dead flesh and blood body. We need to be fresh in order to live healthier. Thus, it goes without saying we have to take fresh food and drink. After fresh food and drink taken in our body, and after the complicated bio-digesting reactions, fresh food and drink will transform into fresh energy. These fresh energy will replenish our body to become fresh.

The logic is that simple. Therefore, our spiritual cultivation goes with the same principle. We have to make sure whether we are following the right path. If we follow the evil path, evil stuffs will come to us. If we follow the right path, good stuffs will come.

Tin Yat magic cultivation is the right path, this is what I can confirm as a taoist medic.

Tin Shun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Thank you Tin Shun for the posting, you confirmed our theory is right as well as introducing the Chi / Qi thing to the public. Yes, you are very correct there, flys goes with the poop, LOL!

There is one thing that can happen when a person is infected or being attacked by "GOO 蠱" magic, and that is they will see a lot of bugs, worms, ants etc.. go to their house. It's a reaction between the post-heaven world we live in and the pre-heaven energy that were gathered up and stuck at that place. which attracts the similar things in physical form.

GOO, in our definitions are bugs and insects like things from another realm that is outside of our world. when people do evil magic, worship evil gods, they can connect and channel "GOO" and beam them to people even unintentionally or intentionally. The "GOO" most people know from TV and novels are like a form of sorcery that people do in the village like Miao (苗族) where they have to grind the living insects and bugs into powder to cast the poison into people by distance or directly into their food. But that is not how it is like in reality.

There are many religions and even crooked evil Taoist sects that do these things and the GOO do not require physical insects or worms for casting the spells or magic on people. They just need to do a form of magic, like using FU (Talisman) and can already beam you those stuff with ease. Of course, the power will differ from practitioners, but ya, the more nasty and evil that guy is, the more powerful the GOO is, just like your theory say, like attract like. The more evil they are, the more powerful their evil magic becomes.

That is also why Tin Yat Lineage do not do any evil magic and we don't HAVE any evil magic in the lineage. When we face people attacking us with evil magic, we bust it or backfire it, like bouncing it back or blasting it back on their face. It's also proven to work too, by all my students and myself!
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by hris Arnold Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Tin Shun and Mak Jo Si

Very interesting thread! Thanks for the information here! I have found for western people they just arent willing to change their lifestyle or diet let alone drink the bitter herb teas to get well, kinda like real kung fu too!! LOL

Ist it possible to increase our jing qi and shen with herbal teas and there fore increase our magic abilities also?

Thanks in advance im interested to hear both your insights on this! Smile
Chris Arnold
Desert Dao Center
hris Arnold
hris Arnold

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Welcome Chris and anyone to join into this thread and raise more interesting discussion! I am happy to see that! Real discussion is very valuable and it often lead to more and more interesting topics to talk about too! (Great idea for my blogging!) Very Happy 

I will leave the herbal tea part for Tin Shun to answer, since he is the expert in that. But then I will give my input on the Taoist magic part.

I actually got a post on my blog "Taoist VS Jing Qi Shen", which I believe you read today. Jing Qi Shen are essentials for our body to get healthier, stronger, and even stay alive. The post-heaven part is what Tin Shun will cover in his reply. But what I want to talk about is the pre-heaven part, which is what Taoism is focusing on.

The Pre-Heaven factors I will talk about is the 3 souls and 7 spirits, which I explained already in 2 videos. Youtube search "Cycle of Life in Taoism" and "What is a Ghost in Taoism" and you see those. They are important concepts and theory you must know in Taoism, or at least, in Tin Yat Lineage.

The Jing Qi Shen will benefit you by providing the fuel to power up these things and make your body stronger to withstand harder blows from the pre-heaven dudes, which we call evil entities, and there are many types too... which can be found in my "Encyclopedia of Taoism 1.7" PDF file.

Yes, a healthier and strong build person is less likely to be possessed by ghost, whereas a sick and weak guy can run into ghost problems more often. (We are talking about accidental occurrences, not intentional curses and attacks). Therefore, it is always a good idea to preserve health and get healthier by strengthening your Jing Qi Shen!
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by hris Arnold Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi mak Jo Si

Very interesting sir! Yes i saw the thread and also the great vids Thanks! I am intrigued by the pre heaven and post heaven which i had not known before! Is it possible to be totally pre heaven empowered and healthy only from magic? Im very interested in Tin Shuns view on the post heaven aspect!

I am very amazed at the depth and logic behind Tin Yat Taoism and the 3 souls and 7 spirits toatally makes sense to me and fills in a huge gap in my understanding of Jing Qi and Shen w my limited martial arts background! Thanks for that explanation! Smile

Thanks
Chris Arnold
Desert Dao Center
hris Arnold
hris Arnold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Yee Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Tin Shun and Jo Si

I guess sufficient sleep is also essential to preserve jing, qi and Shen too?

But should one sleep during certain hours to maximise the benefits? I read that 11pm-1am is when the gall bladder meridian works most efficiently, 1-3am for the liver meridian and 3-5am for the lung meridian. Is it best to sleep during these hours since lung and liver are also related to 3 souls and 7 spirits?

Tin Yee
Tin Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Shun Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:28 am

Hello Chris, Nice to meet you here. I can only share my knowledge and experience of post-heaven realm in medical perspective. I can be said an idiot in pre-heaven realm and I am now learning Tin Yat magic under the guidance of Mak Jo Si to explore the world of pre-heaven realm.

Let me share some knowledge about the three treasures. In The Book of Yellow Emperor (黃帝內經), it states that the model healthy individual is a person who lives and behaves in one with the nature. We call it Tin Ren He Yi (天人合一).

Nature has three manifestations:

1. Natural Jing --> biological phenomenon
2. Natural Qi --> Chemical and physical phenomenon
3. Natural Shen --> Psychological and spiritual phenomenon

Nature extends and manifests these three into human being as a small nature. Comparatively speaking, nature itself is a big nature. And we, a small nature, have three manifestations as well, it becomes:

1. Human Jing --> Body essence, especially in reproductive ability
2. Human Qi --> living energy
3. Human Shen --> mind, especially in creative ability

Anyone would like to be healthy or even would like to extend his life period must cultivate himself on these three stuffs, the three treasures of human being.

Therefore, healthy life cultivation is actually nature cultivation. Before cultivation, we and the nature are separated. We cultivate with the purpose to break this separation so as to unite with the nature. One who successfully achieves the be-in-one with the nature, one is called a "Real Individual" (真人) in The Book of Yellow Emperor.

To conclude, health cultivation is to go with the nature. Simple.

Tin Yee, I will share my knowledge with you about the timing in the coming posts. This is something related to daily cyclical movement of energy (子午流注).

Tin Shun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:01 am

hris Arnold wrote:Is it possible to be totally pre heaven empowered and healthy only from magic? Im very interested in Tin Shuns view on the post heaven aspect!
Chris,

Glad you like my posts! This is very good of you to have an open mind to read these knowledge-based post!  The pre-heaven energies are not equals "good" because there are also four types of pre-heaven energies, and they are categorized as:

1. Tai Yin 太陰 - extreme negative
  2. Siu Yin 少陰 - minor negative
  3. Siu Yang 少陽 - minor positive
  4. Tai Yang 太陽 - extreme positive

Most people fall into the minor positive state by neutral settings, but if you are cursed or having spiritual problems, you might enter the minor negative or even extreme negative state of Tai Yin.  The more "Yin" negative you go, the worse your health will be too. (and so is your luck)

We strive to go for Tai Yang, which is why we have a Tai Yang energy program for Tin Yat Lineage cultivation!  With Tai Yang pre-heaven energy state, your mind becomes more positive, and health will also be better. But no, pre-heaven energy cannot be the only source for you to have good health, because our body needs both pre-heaven and post-heaven energies to survive.  Gaining and purifying pre-heaven energy is beneficial to people, but they must also cultivate and improve the post-heaven factors in order to have good health.

Afterall, we are post-heaven human beings, and post-heaven factors places a bigger role in health preserving,
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:06 am

Tin Yee wrote:I guess sufficient sleep is also essential to preserve jing, qi and Shen too?
Yes! That is also a good factor to consider for sure! Without sleep, we go in "dead mode" and walk around like zombies, how can there be a bright and vivid Shen for you?

Tin Yee wrote:
But should one sleep during certain hours to maximise the benefits? I read that 11pm-1am is when the gall bladder meridian works most efficiently, 1-3am for the liver meridian and 3-5am for the lung meridian. Is it best to sleep during these hours since lung and liver  are also related to 3 souls and 7 spirits?
This is what Tin Shun can answer according to the 子午流注 (cycle of the meridian), but then this is all post-heaven factors that you will be looking at only. For the pre-heaven elements such as "faat", the pre-heaven magic power we use, sleeping enough is okay, you don't need to sleep during a specific time. What Taoverse Deity taught me is that as long as I have enough sleep, you wake up like a human being, then you are okay! LOL!!!

Seriously, with all those attempt break-in, vandalizing and shit going on at the temple, I cannot afford to sleep in the "golden time zone" anymore, so why the hell do I even have to care? Reality is, sometimes we get glued to stuff like "LINE" too much and it just win over the duckka...(oops!) I mean sleep. Shocked 
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 am

Tin Shun wrote:....(黃帝內經), it states that the model healthy individual is a person who lives and behaves in one with the nature. We call it Tin Ren He Yi (天人合一)...
Nice topic to discuss here! We actually have a different meaning for this 天人合一 thing in Tin Yat Lineage. Let me you this.. it is NOT that great when you actually achieve this state in Tin Yat Lineage. You really do blend your flow with the nature's flow, and when shit happen in nature, you sense it FIRST before the physical happening! Very painful, especially when ECP is going on in large groups on those religious holidays! Argh!!!

Tin Shun wrote:Therefore, healthy life cultivation is actually nature cultivation. Before cultivation, we and the nature are separated. We cultivate with the purpose to break this separation so as to unite with the nature. One who successfully achieves the be-in-one with the nature, one is called a "Real Individual" (真人) in The Book of Yellow Emperor
Do you actually have a definition on 修真? I think this version of 真人 you talk about is similar to the "normal" Taoism definition which relates to the word 修真, cultivating to become a "Real Individual". It's not wrong, but Tin Yat Lineage also talk about the same word, with a different meaning! Smile
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Yee Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:31 am

Mak Jo Si wrote:
This is what Tin Shun can answer according to the 子午流注 (cycle of the meridian), but then this is all post-heaven factors that you will be looking at only. For the pre-heaven elements such as "faat", the pre-heaven magic power we use, sleeping enough is okay, you don't need to sleep during a specific time. What Taoverse Deity taught me is that as long as I have enough sleep, you wake up like a human being, then you are okay! LOL!!!

Seriously, with all those attempt break-in, vandalizing and shit going on at the temple, I cannot afford to sleep in the "golden time zone" anymore, so why the hell do I even have to care? Reality is, sometimes we get glued to stuff like "LINE" too much and it just win over the duckka...(oops!) I mean sleep. Shocked 
Jo Si, I did wonder about your sleeping pattern!!!

I think there have been quite a few studies on how much sleep one needs. How does TCM look at that?
Tin Yee
Tin Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:59 am

Tin Yee wrote:Jo Si, I did wonder about your sleeping pattern!!!
Oh nevermind, I am not human, so I don't fall into that pattern which Tin Shun will talk about, HAHAHAHAHA! cheers 
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by hris Arnold Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:13 am

Hi Everyone

Thank you Mak Jo Si nice to meet you here Tin Shun and Tin Yee! Thank you all for this great topic! Smile

I can see being natural and as simple as possible being necessary to achieve the status as 'Real Individual'! From my study and practice of kung fu i have divided my training into:

Life Style and Environment

By lifestyle i mean factors such as diet and exercise rest sleep etc And second environment would be stress, toxins elimination and being close to nature near trees and water clean air etc.

And then the term gong (which i think is the same as gung fu kung fu?) which im sorry i dont have the Chinese characters for which would be 'time' spent in this environment and proper life style. Would this model correspond to the TCM and Taoist view of cultivation in the post heaven stage? Forgive me if im vague or unclear its pretty deep stuff for me. LOL

So for example time spent in the early morning doing taiji close to nature and such while eliminating stress and toxins from the food and environment, this is kind of my train of thought on being simple and close to nature Smile

I did read that the ancient humans slept close to animals when the sun rose they woke and when the sun set they slept and they had better health from following this rhythm. Whereas the invention of lights changed this and so caused stress and poor health because the rhythm of the sleep cycle was changed. Does Taoism and TCM have any thoughts on that? Great question BTW Tin Yee on sleep and times! And related to that and my lifestyle and environment idea would there be a 'best' time to train chi kung tai ji and kung fu to maximize jing chi and shen?

Thanks
Chris Arnold
Desert Dao Center
hris Arnold
hris Arnold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Yee Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:41 am

Hi Chris nice to meet you here too Smile

For me it's sweet to do kungfu anytime of the day but given that i have to work at daytime i try to avoid late night kungfu session coz it makes me "hilariously" energised!

but maybe it also depends on the type of kungfu...? e.g. when i do the TY LS fire palm form i can go very relaxed though i haven't tried that at 3am yet!

Or it benefits a certain part /meridian more when doing kungfu in a certain time period, and therefore you schedule your trainIng according to the body needs?
Tin Yee
Tin Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 am

hris Arnold wrote: And then the term gong  (which i think is the same as gung fu kung fu?)
I think you are trying to say "Gung", 功, as in 功夫 Gung Fu. That's the Cantonese way of saying it. Gung is often refer to as cultivation method that need to be done with a period of time, often daily, and on a schedule or everyday. The power or ability gained if called Gung Lick 功力. Just like you hit the heavybag everyday, that is a Gung too. Or you stretch the legs for flexibility or upkeep the flexibility, that is a Gung too, or some people do iron palm, that is a gung too. The amount of whatever you are trying to cultivate for, that you got, is called Gung lick. Just like your flexibility is better than Mr.ABC, then your gung lick of the leg's flexibility is deeper or more than him. "Kung Fu" is not mandarin or cantonese, I wonder why this word is there.. maybe the hippies? haha!

hris Arnold wrote:
I did read that the ancient humans slept close to animals when the sun rose they woke and when the sun set they slept and they had better health from following this rhythm. Whereas the invention of lights changed this and so caused stress and poor health because the rhythm of the sleep cycle was changed. Does Taoism and TCM have any thoughts on that? Great question BTW Tin Yee on sleep and times! And related to that and my lifestyle and environment idea would there be a 'best' time to train chi kung  tai ji and kung fu to maximize jing chi and shen?
HAHAHA! Honestly, we Tin Yat Lineage Taoist sleep close to "STUFFED" animals and not real ones, except for Tin Yee who got 2 cats and Tin Chuen who got a cat...etc...! LOL! You know, I sleep with a FISH too! Laughing 

Seriously, in Tin Yat Lineage, we don't emphasize that one should or need to go back to natural environment to live a life to be 'healthy. But we don't disagree that it is healthier without the crap we got in the skyscrapers..! The main thing is, we focus on being realistic. So the fact is, you need to work, you need to earn your money, and you cannot isolate yourself to live in the wild. So in another word.. just do your best you can do to preserve and upkeep your health, but NOT go weird like the monks that go into the cave and stuff, that is very not Taoist style.

What's the time you train your kungfu anyway? you tried a certain schedule and see difference there?
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 am

Tin Yee wrote:
For me it's sweet to do kungfu anytime of the day but given that i have to work at daytime i try to avoid late night kungfu session coz it makes me "hilariously" energised!
Hey everyone, let me introduce you guys our "terminology" here...

KAD = Kungfu Addiction Disease.

Tin Yee is a KAD, and so I call her a KADDY sometimes, LOL! Exceptional gal who go so addicted into kungfu. But ya, I do agree that she is always so HILARIOUSLY hyped. LOL!!!

Btw, Chris, you know we have magic-kungfu in Tin Yat Lineage eh? Maybe Tin Yee can share you some experience with using Kungfu to do exorcism in our magic stuff!

Tin Yee you mind to share the iron arm and vest combo for HT-ing you did before? like what's the main problem, what you did, how you felt before and after, anything during the session, etc..?
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Yee Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Hahaha in fact I just did an iron arm & vest combo this morning!

Iron arm is the first kungfu / chi Kung form I've learnt from
Mak Jo Si. It's a foundational form for power/strength building. It can be done with bare hands and/or dumbbells and/or weighted vest (mine is 40lbs)

Apart from health benefits, it's one lovely way to do exorcism. A few months ago I started to see foggy white shapes at home. Lau Jo Si told me those were ghosts sent by an e-master and suggested an iron arm (with vest) Rx to me. I had to first HT (ie connecting to the person who did emagic to me) to the e-master and did the iron arm forms a few times. I repeated that for another two weeks (my power wasn't that great...) and all the foggy shapes were gone. During the Rx, I could also feel the blockage in my body disappear!

Now I can usually sense the crap much faster with Tao sensor. For example, this morning I had a headache and knew it was a magic attack. Did the iron arm Rx quickly, fixed the headache and then went to work! 

Of course this is just one of many ways and/or kungfu forms for exorcism. Great fun though - and particularly nice  after a BIG meal!!! XD
Tin Yee
Tin Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Tin Yee wrote:It can be done with bare hands and/or dumbbells and/or weighted vest (mine is 40lbs)

and

particularly nice  after a BIG meal!!! XD
Chris, you see? I told you she is not a normal girl, hahahaha!
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Shun Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:13 pm

The daily energy circulation in a human body (子午流注) is a vast field worthy of book publishing. I thought about it deeply how to share the knowledge with Tin Yee so that Tin Yee can get the hints about it. And I try to present a brief introduction here in this post. I can elaborate it more deeply in any coming posts if needed.

We see ourselves a flesh and blood body. However, the truth is that we are just a collection of various energies. There are 14 mainstreams of energy channels in our body, 12 of them vibrate with the rhythm of daily energy circulation.

Why does the energy flow in circulation? Because the whole universe is actually spinning round and round. As profound as a universe, the whole galaxy is spinning. Planets are spinning and they also spinning around the Sun as the center. As subtle as nucleus, atoms and electrons, they are also spinning round and round. Cycle is one of the natural phenomenon.

We are actually an energy system and also spin round and round. In order to easily depict the picture, we, Chinese medic, usually use the word "flows" instead of "spins" when talking about meridian system.

A daily cycle has 12 divisions and each division contains 2 hours. It is related to the 12 terrestrial branches of earthly energy system. In each division, there is one meridian resonating to the earthly energy of that time period. Let me talk about some meridians as examples.

Liver meridian --> 1am ~ 3am. In this period, liver works the best. It requires a large amount of blood in order to work to its limit, so we should do nothing but supply enough blood to liver to work. The best stance to supply blood to the liver is lying down. Therefore, in this period, the natural and healthy thing to do is to lying on bed.

Lung meridian --> 3am ~ 5am. In this period, lung works the best. It requires a large amount of oxygen in order to work to its limit, so we should do nothing but supply enough oxygen to lung to work. The best way to do is to practice Chi Kung cultivation. And this is the period yang energy and yin energy is equal but yang is increasing and yin is decreasing. Practicing Chi Kung in this period can also let you accept the newly yang energy of the day.

Heart meridian --> 11am ~ 01pm. Heart works the best in this period. However, heart is a very vulnerable organ and it cannot withstand hardworking. In this period, take a nap is the natural and healthy way to go. According to medical statistical figures, heart attacks happen in this period the most. And the victims mostly do one common thing leading to heart attacks. They are doing exercises. Thus, Tin Yee, if you want to go with the nature, better not practice Kung Fu in this two hours.

Oh, when should be the natural and healthy time to go to bed? The answer is 7pm ~ 9pm. Chris is right. After the advent of light bulbs, we can hardly go to bed in this two hours anymore!

Tin Shun

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Shun Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Hello Jo Si, the Real Individual (真人) I meant is the Real Individual defined in the Book of Yellow Emperor, not the definition by any Taoism sects such as Zhen Yi and Quan Zheng.

I extract the original text here for reference. Sorry Chris, it is written in Chinese but I try my best to interpret the meaning:

《黃帝內經‧素問‧上古天真論篇第一》

黃帝曰: 余聞上古有真人者, 提挈天地, 把握陰陽, 呼吸精氣, 獨立守神, 肌肉若一.....

Thus, Real Individual has the following characteristics:

1. 提挈天地 Knows the truth of the Heaven and Earth inside out.
2. 把握陰陽 Master the principles of yin and yang.
3. 呼吸精氣 Breathe in subtle energy and breathe our dark energy.
4. 獨立守神 Mind concentration and never mood swing.
5. 肌肉若一 Completely physically work as a whole.

Oh, there are many cultivations to do to attain the above criteria.

Tin Shun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Tin Shun wrote:Oh, when should be the natural and healthy time to go to bed? The answer is 7pm ~ 9pm. Chris is right. After the advent of light bulbs, we can hardly go to bed in this two hours anymore!
Basketball 7-9pm is often the dinna time... oh well. Not good idea, but ideal idea instead. Sometimes ideal is not practical too. Hahaha!

Hey Tin Shun, so that cycle is for the NORMAL case, but what about if someone lived in a different lifestyle for a long time, will their system be adjusted to a different flowing pattern instead? Like for example if someone goes on night shift and they just sleep in the morning, after 3 years working like that, their body get used to it and live like that. Will their cycle be different then?
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by hris Arnold Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Everybody

WOW Tin Yee the Iron Arm & Vest you do sounds fantastic! I think its very cool you can also use KF for exorcism! Right On! May be one day i can do kung fu for magic too! If you ask Mak Jo Si he will tell you I am a crazy kung fu nut too! What is your favorite Kung Fu Tin Yee? Smile

Hi Mak Jo Si LOL believe it or not my Sifu beg me everyday to train 3am to sunrise with him and it was hard for me to do it! LOL I really feel best training after breakfast around 9 am to 11:30am for my Gongs then I teach a few privates in the afternoons and groups at night 6pm to 9pm! Its a great life but I am spoiled living this way! LOL Smile

Thank you Tin Shun for translating that into english for me! Do you practice Kung Fu also?

My best
Chris
hris Arnold
hris Arnold

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:51 pm

hris Arnold wrote:Hi Mak Jo Si LOL believe it or not my Sifu beg me everyday to train 3am to sunrise with him and it was hard for me to do it! LOL I really feel best training after breakfast around 9 am to 11:30am for my Gongs then I teach a few privates in the afternoons and groups at night 6pm to 9pm! Its a great life but I am spoiled living this way! LOL Smile
haha! You are not a nut like me, because I train kungfu anytime in the day and my most intensive period is 16 hours a day doing non-stop kungfu training (2010). This year's highest record is also about 12 hours in a day, not bad eh? I do a few hours, go back to computer, go do a bit more, go back to computer, etc. It's a nice lifestyle once a while! LOL!

When I am in grade 6 to 12, I used to wake up at 4am and practice my kungfu till 8am, then breakfast, bath and go to school. When I am back from school, I usually train from 4-6pm, then dinner, and then computer time and "lazy homework time" and then some kungfu and sleep about 11 or so. Sometimes I sleep later though, especially exam period or homework cramping days!

But in 2010, Taoverse Deity took over and guide me on the kungfu training. He suggested that I should not focus on the stubborn thinking of doing kungfu at 4am is the best. Actually, doing it whenever you can is good enough. If you wake up at 3am and practice like a dead corpse, your quality of cultivation is also not too good. So he put me on a special schedule and I train like 16 hours a day. At first I was sweating like hell... but the more I do it.. after a few weeks, I don't have anymore sweat to sweat! What a crazy experience! But then, it cured my poisoned and disabled right foot!

Tin Shun, maybe you can explain that part too, about me doing 16 hours kungfu a day to cure the poisoned and disabled right foot!
Mak Jo Si
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Tin Yee Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Tin Shun, thanks so much for the detailed explanation! Actually every once in a while I practice KungFu between 3-5am - before bed!

Chris, it's a rather difficult pick... If i'm to choose i would go for kwandao and the LS sword and drunken sword forms, only becoz I have learnt to do the maintenance and repair work myself (thanks Jo Si for that!) XD

I'm still a newbie to the kf world. Lots of fun ahead!

What type of tai gik do you do? Do you practise other types of kf too?

Tin Yee
Tin Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next